Role Play High School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play High School

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orba Terra: The Time of Hatching

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Morbi_D Sorbim
Admin
Morbi_D Sorbim

Orba Terra: The Time of Hatching Empty
PostSubject: Orba Terra: The Time of Hatching   Orba Terra: The Time of Hatching EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:12 pm

It is winter in the land of Sterilis, a barren and unforgiving northern stretch of land. With only 3 months of summer each year, Sterilis is a land of ice and snow. In such a harsh place, food and shelter is scarce. The town of Oppidum lies on the southern edge of Sterilis, as the most populated village, Oppidum also has the highest orphan rate in all of Sterilis. Families too poor to support even themselves, these orphans are forced into lives of slavery and theft in order to live day to day. What lives could these beggar children possibly lead in such a wasteland?
Back to top Go down
Morbi_D Sorbim
Admin
Morbi_D Sorbim

PostSubject: Re: Orba Terra: The Time of Hatching   Orba Terra: The Time of Hatching EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:56 am

An icy wind was blowing across the town of Oppidum that particular morning. The streets were empty this early in the morning, but soon the sun would hit the right spot, and warm the city just enough for the citizens to leave their homes and venture into the market street. The vendors set up their wares, wrapping their blankets tighter around them, tightening their coats. It was approaching summer time, this was the time trade and food was plentiful. Well, plentiful as it could be in Sterilis. Bearded men hung strips of dried meat from their stands, they filled the display cases with berries and chicken eggs. These chickens were raised entirely indoors. Without much sunlight. Their eggs were smaller than a normal, healthy chicken. But they were a delicasy none the less. The sun finally hit full noon, and beams of light shone off of the permenant floor of snow, lighting up the entire stretch of market street. Women lead their children forth to run around at this warmest time of day, while men talked business at the stands.
The size of Oppidum was impressive for a northern settlement. There were about 20 houses inhabited by multiple familes, as well as stands, stables, shops and a church. In the alleyways were small huddled figures, in poorly built shelters trying their best to stay warm. These were the leftovers of Oppidum, no one had the heart to be rid of them entirely, but in the same, they could not be bothered by these parentless burdains.
By 1'o clock the streets were busy with people, spending their life savings for scraps. The air was full of mist from the heat of the many voices trying to be heard over each other.
"LITTLE THIEF!!!" A shout rang out over all of the other voices. An old man ran out from behind his book stand swinging a cane. "This is the last straw boy! If I see you again, I'll be done with you! Lowlife! Coward! Hooligan!"
A young man with long shaggy hair streaked across the square like a bullet. He clung to his chest a parchment of old looking paper. Though the old man continued to shout threats, the boy smiled a wide grin. He had finally found what he needed to gain his freedom from this frostbitten wasteland.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Admin
Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Orba Terra: The Time of Hatching   Orba Terra: The Time of Hatching EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Frost crunched under her small feet, as she tried not to let him see her shiver. She wasn't sad, a strong willed piece of the only good he found in the world. She thought he was giving his all to help her, to save her, but truth was, she gave him the drive not to give up. The drive to not give up hope and rot away; even in their poor state, he didn't want to set a bad example, felt guilty when he did wrong, and never wanted her to witness his bad behavior to keep them surviving. A bird flew through the air, as he pointed it out to the young girl, "Mayu, look there, do you see that?"

Big beautiful eyes looked up, "It's a birdie!" She chirped, springing to life.

As her attention drifted away, he found an opportunity to snatch a few small things from a near vendor, however in the process of doing such, he caught glimpse of her darting off to chase after the little bird, whom was pecking away at the ice. "Mayu, wait!" He dropped the food, knocking over the venders basket, giving the seller opportunity to realize that he was being robbed. He went to snatch at the older boy, but missed as the convict jolted after the young girl, to catch her as she slipped on the ice.

There was a loud thud, a caw, and the sound of fluttering wings flying into the horizon, feathers leaving evidence that the bird had once been there. Tazo realized he was caught, lifted the girl off the ground in an instant, sprinting off as angry yells beckoned after him; he felt eyes on his back as he ran from every person looking down on him for being street scum, rounding a corner into an alley way, setting down Mayu. "Are you hurt?" He questioned, observing her palms.

She ignored him, "That bird flew away, he didn't like me."

"Don't worry, he was scared if you."

She smiled at him, "I know, I'm getting to be strong- I'd be scared of me too, brother! I'm able to fight too, make all the hurtful types go away."

He looked into those strong, willing eyes, "Mayu, don't talk like that, you know that's not your job."

"But, you're scared, Tazi-kun.." She trailed off, "Something scares you, I don't know what it is, but I know you get scared sometimes, and when I find out, brother, you'll have nothing to fear. Just like me! I have you so I have nothing to fear, and you have me so you have nothing to fear either!"

"You don't go burdening yourself with what you think you see in me, Mayu." He handed her cooked fish, "Now eat, and make yourself stronger, young one."
Back to top Go down
https://rphs.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orba Terra: The Time of Hatching   Orba Terra: The Time of Hatching Empty

Back to top Go down

Orba Terra: The Time of Hatching
Page 1 of 1